- Environmentally Appropriate!
- Socially Beneficial!
- Economically Viable!
We have compiled a list of the daily actions that underscore our commitment to benefiting the environment as well as providing ongoing business value.
- We encourage clients to use recycled paper as well as paper made from sustainable resources whenever possible
- We re-use paper whenever possible and recycle paper when it can no longer be re-used
- We use only vegetable based inks
- We installed a computer to plate system, eliminating the need to use film which contained silver and mercury contaminants
- We use water missable, alcohol free fountain solutions in all of our presses
- We recycle aluminum printing plates
- We recycle un-usable/expired inks
- Ink Sentinels manage ink distribution on press to maximize efficiency and minimize waste
- We use low VOC (volatile organic compound) solvents
Forest Stewardship Council
Columbia Printing & Cleanroom is also an FSC (Forest Stewardship Council) – certified printer dedicated to sustainable, “green” printing practices. FSC is an independent, non-governmental, not-for-profit organization established to promote the responsible management of the world’s forests.
Established in 1993 as a response to concerns over global deforestation, FSC is a pioneer forum where the global consensus on responsible forest management convenes and through democratic process effects solutions to the pressures facing the world’s forests and forest-dependent communities.
Within this forum, voices from the Global North and South, from organizations big and small, assemble to define environmentally appropriate, socially beneficial and economically viable forest management and identify the tools and resources that will effect positive, lasting change.*